Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Before you speak



A friend said something disturbing to you yesternight. Today evening she came to me and apologized. She says "Can we just start being like what we were before yesterday?".

The question is very innocent. And I don't want to answer it in words. Because a "No" sounds awful.

So I give her a cup of water to drink. She drinks from it, finishes it. Now I ask her "Give me the water back". She is stunned - she got her answer.

Just like a bullet can't re-enter the gun after firing, in the same way you can't take back your words.

So think not twice but thrice before you speak.

1 comment:

  1. Its true that words once spoken cannot be taken back. But sometimes we just say things in rage or anger, or irritation, which we dont actually mean. So when a person realises his mistake and is sorry for it , then he should be forgiven, coz to "Err is human, to forgive is divine".

    ReplyDelete